A rewarding role
From the moment you walk through our doors, the enthusiasm and passion of each one of our staff members is evident. At OASIS NC and SEA Academy, we work hard, play hard and empower truly amazing individuals and families on a daily basis. Interested in joining our team? Read more about application process and current positions, below.
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit application and references
- Interview with staff
- Observe classes
- Working interview (spend at least two days in desired position)
SEAA Classroom Teacher:
Pay: $38,000+/year (depending on experience)
Hours: 8am-3pm (plus 1 hr staff meeting/wk)
Benefits: Not offered at this time
Job Summary: Provides instruction and support for children with autism spectrum disorder in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and social communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills):
- Undergraduate/Masters Degree in Special Education and/or General Education
- License in Special Education or General Education
- 3+ years of experience teaching children with autism, ADHD, dyslexia, etc.
- Pass a criminal background check
- CPR Certified
- Must be fun, energetic, creative, caring, and can take initiative!
- Ensures child’s physical safety.
- Provides instruction and support for children with autism spectrum disorder.
- Uses curriculum and methodologies/strategies as outlined by OASIS NC staff to teach a variety of skill types such play, communication, self-help.
- Promotes student morale through positive and effective communications.
- Recognizes issues/questions
- Helps with care and organization of teaching materials/supplies/toys/reinforcers.
- Stays current on the latest research and interventions related to autism spectrum disorders.
- Provide direct services as needed to special needs students
- Obtain present levels/baselines
- Review and print monthly online school snapshot of progress for each student and submit to OASIS NC office for student file
- Turn in notes from e-mails and calls at the end of the month to the office and/or e-mail them to the director.
- Schedule and facilitate parent meetings
- Test students as necessary during state testing
- Maintain attendance records
- Attend all OASIS NC professional developments
- Follow up on concerns with teacher and/ or parent as noted on teacher monthly progress form
- Complete Progress Reports for each student
- Maintain office hours as indicated by OASIS NC Director
- Respond as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours to parent, student, teacher and admin inquiries via phone and/or e-mail during regular work week
- Able to have fun and PLAY!
- Must be able to sit on floor on ground and move easily in this capacity
- Must be able to lift small children
- Must be able to teach and assist with toileting skills
- Must be able to perform the following gross motor activities easily:
- Climbing (e.g. upon playground equipment)
- Bending over (e.g. to assist child with writing)
- Squatting (e.g. to assist child putting on shoes)
- Running (e.g. running through a sprinkler with a child)
- Carrying (e.g. teaching materials, toys, art supplies