A rewarding role
From the moment you walk through our doors, the enthusiasm and passion of each one of our staff members is evident. At OASIS NC and SEA Academy, we work hard, play hard and empower truly amazing individuals and families on a daily basis. Interested in joining our team? Read more about application process and current positions, below.
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit application and references
- Interview with staff
- Observe classes
- Working interview (spend at least two days in desired position)
Employment Opportunities (3 Positions Available)
* Upper Elementary Teacher (Grades 3-5)
* Middle/High School Teacher (English/Social Studies)
* S.E.A. Teacher (Social, Emotional, and Academic Teacher)
Benefits: Not offered at this time
Job Summary: Provides instruction and support for students with autism spectrum disorder in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and social communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills):
- Undergraduate/Masters Degree in Special Education and/or General Education
- License in Special Education or General Education
- 3+ years of experience
- Pass a criminal background check
- CPR Certified
- Fun, energetic, creative, caring, collaborative, and can take initiative!
- Ensures student’s physical safety.
- Build relationships and earn trust of students.
- Provides below/at/above grade level instruction and supports for students with autism spectrum disorder.
- Uses curriculum and methodologies/strategies as outlined by OASIS NC staff to teach a variety of social-emotional skill types such play, communication, self-help, etc.
- Promotes student and staff morale through positive and effective communications.
- Recognizes issues/questions and addresses them in a timely and professional manner.
- Helps with care and organization of teaching materials/supplies/toys/reinforcers.
- Stays current on the latest research and interventions related to autism spectrum disorders and subject specific strategies.
- Obtain and record present levels/baselines regularly.
- Review and print monthly online school snapshot of progress for each student and submit to OASIS NC office for student file.
- Turn in notes from e-mails and calls at the end of the month to the office and/or e-mail them to the director.
- Schedule and facilitate frequent parent meetings.
- Test students as necessary during state testing.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Attend all OASIS NC professional developments and meetings.
- Follow up on concerns with teacher and/ or parent as noted on teacher monthly progress form.
- Complete Progress Reports for each student and distribute to parents.
- Maintain office hours as indicated by OASIS NC Director.
- Respond as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours, to parent, student, teacher and admin inquiries via phone and/or e-mail during regular work week
- Able to have fun and PLAY!