When a student enrolls at SEA Academy, it doesn’t take long for exciting new experiences to start! Our staff is united in exploring ways to engage your child in academics, recess, games, field trips, and special events, such as our annual film festival and Haunted House! We focus on building a positive relationship with your child using his or her unique interests as a start. Together we enjoy many activities which, over time, create an open heart and mind for learning, friendship, problem solving, flexibility, change, communication, and much more.
As a parent, you’ve probably spent a lot of time trying to decide what the “right” school is for your child. There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting a school, but you’ll know it’s the right place when your child is excited about learning and feels accepted, successful, and happy. Although no school is perfect, maybe you’ve grown concerned about your child’s current school. Here are some questions to help you decide if it is time for a change.
How to find out if your child thriving or just surviving…
Questions to ask yourself:
– Is my child weary and unhappy at the end of most school days?
– Is my child stuck in a cycle of underachievement or failure?
– Is my child reluctant to go to school?
– Is my child getting in trouble for the same thing over and over again?
– Is your child stressed out during the school year?
Questions to ask your child’s current teacher:
– Is my child engaged and participating in class (not just “being good”)?
– Is my child completing work on grade level or at least making progress?
– Is my child working independently?
– Does my child play with others during recess?
– Does my child have friends at school?
Hopefully the answers to these questions will help you know if it is time to ask for changes that address these issues at your current school or consider alternative school options.